BPA Open Community

View Only
  • 1.  The Geezer's panel at NHPC22

Posted 5 days ago

It was so good to be in Nashville for a live National Home Performance Conference!  Great conversations, high-caliber presentations, and I appreciated the opportunity to present.

Looking back and forward in the Geezer's panel was probably my highlight. Though many leaders in this community consistently say that the early Affordable Comfort Conferences had a significant impact on their life's work, it was a powerful collective tribute to the long-reaching impact of the early vision and organizing principles, which are still guiding BPA's conferences.

Linda Wigington, Founder of the Affordable Comfort Conference

------------------------------
    Linda Wigington
    PA

• 2.  RE: The Geezer's panel at NHPC22

Posted 5 days ago
    I agree. While my experience at ACI in the early 90's had a profound effect on my understanding of how buildings work and the translation of that understanding into my business practices, that vision and the organizing principles that underly the vision have been kept alive by succeeding generations of ACI, now BPA, staff. My mantra has consistently been that I'm still on the learning curve and I have never been to a regional or national conference where I didn't come away with some new insight into building science or technology or policy or business knowledge.

Dick Kornbluth
    Principal
    DickKornbluth LLC
    NY

• 3.  RE: The Geezer's panel at NHPC22

Posted 5 days ago
    To be honest - that geezer session was a career highlite for me.  Over years of conferences I was able to meet and befriend some wonderful people. Pulling off that
    session and being there with these outstanding leaders was a joy I'll never forget...  

cheers

Chandler von Schrader
    Chanpa
    CvS Consulting LLC
    VA